Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default I'm trying to determine how a series of dropdown lists were creat.

The Print_Titles range name isn't associated with the dropdowns. That name was
created when someone used file|Page setup|page tab and put something in the Rows
to repeat at top box.

Are those dropdowns used to show/hide the data under the titles?
If yes, then the dropdown could have been created by data|Filter|autofilter.

Does it look like these examples at Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

Or is that cell used for data entry?
Maybe they were created by Data|Validation
(also from Debra's site)

There are a couple of other ways, too.

RJJ wrote:

I'm trying to determine how a series of dropdown lists were created in an
existing Excel worksheet that I'm editing. Row 1, Columns A through G have
dropdowns with extensive lists in each. If I click on Row 1 itself I see the
apparent name of the Row, "Print_Titles". But I cannot determine how the
lists were created and where they reside. This is the only worksheet in the
workbook.

I need to create an additional list - which I want done in the same way as
these.

--

Dave Peterson