Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default hours and minutes

In column B: =A1/60 will give you the minute equivalent.
In column C: =B1/60 will give you the hour equivalent
In column D: =C1/24 will give you the day equivalent

If A1 = 60 seconds, then B1 = 1, C1 = 1/60 of an hour, D1 = 1/(60)*(24) of a
day.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Pam Coleman" wrote:

If I have a spreadsheet that in column A= seconds. I want to take the
seconds in col a and in column b make minutes, then in column c, the minutes
to make hours, and then in column d, the hours to make days. I do not know
how to divide to get the correct answer in each of the columns.