Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amanda Amanda is offline

Default how do i use if function to different texts

Hi Marcelo

Thanks very much, Please can you explain the reason for having 2 closing
brackets at the end? Is this for the number of arguments?

Also what I now need to do is to include another formula:

IF A1="INTERNATIONAL" I need to firstly deduct 0.50 from A2, then multiply
this amount by 40% then add 0.30

Please can you help me again?

Thanks again and regards from Mallorca
Amanda

"Marcelo" wrote:

hi Amanda,

try

=IF(A1="international",A2*16%,IF(A1="european",A2* 20%,0))

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Amanda" escreveu:

I want to say IF A1 = "International" then multiply A2 by 16% and if A1 =
"European" then multiply A2 by 20% and if A1 = National then multiply A2 by
10% etc etc etc
Please can anybody help?