Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nathan Greurg Nathan Greurg is offline

Default Attrition rates on a graph

Hi,
I'm trying to display attrition rates on a graph.
So I need my figures set up on a spreadsheet the sheet in a particular way
for the graph to make any sense of it.
I want this automated so I want to use a Pivot Table and an external CSV
data file.

My CSV data records contain
- for each client (= Client ID)
- the first payment date and
- the most recent payment date.
- Number of Days betwen First and Latest payment Date

(First payment is equivalent to recruitment date.
Latest payment is the Client's most recent sign of life in my base.
If a client has not made a payment for the last 12 months I can consider him
inactive.)

So I have everthing I need to look at the attrition rate.

I have published this posting as a gif file on a website as the tables I
want to display get mangled when displayed as text.

It is quite complicated and I am looking for help from someone who really
knows his stuff on Pivot Tables and Graphs.
here' the gif www.fransysco.net/attrition.gif

Any help appreciated.
It my question is not clear enough, just let me know and I'll put some more
effort into it.

TIA
By for now,

Nathan.