Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Paste from word to excel, into one cell.

Hello, MartinW!
You wrote on Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:27:12 +1000:

M Just to add to Gary's post you may want to paste into
M Notepad first and then copy and paste from Notepad to the
M formula bar.

M This will get rid of all the excess baggage that word tacks
M on.

The PureText free utility: http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/

is a faster way to deal with this since it does not require
opening other programs.

Incidentally a very wry comment, I have been using Excel for
longer than I care to admit but I had not noticed that the space
was called the "Formula Bar" :-) I now know the annotation
appears if you look but I guess I've never bothered. I just
mentally regarded it as the "Entry Space".

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not