Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

Default Vlookup and few more questions :)

Where B8 = 32 in the Index function and cell A9 has a 1 in it for sumproduct.

"JMB" wrote:

Assuming your table is in A1:D5, try

=INDEX(D1:D5,MIN(IF(A1:C5=B8,ROW(A1:A5),"")))
entered using Cntrl+Shift+Enter

and
=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIND(A9,A1:C5)))*(D1:D5<TODA Y()))
=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIND(A9,A1:C5)))*(D1:D5TODA Y()))

assuming column D are dates and not text.

" wrote:

Hello

I have a problem with vlookup function. I have three columns with
numbers a one column with a date in my excel table. Smth like this:

A B C D

11 12 13 09.12.06.
21 22 23 09.13.06.
31 32 33 09.15.06.
41 42 43 09.18.06.
51 52 53 09.17.06.

I need a formula that will check columns A to C for a certain number
(example: 32) and return the date from the matching cell from column D
(09.15.06).

After i've done that .. i need the following ...

I need to count the number of cells which have the first number for
example "1" (11,12,13) and then check for each if date in column D
(09.12.06.) is greater or less then current date. Result should be
number of cells starting with number 1 which have date in column D
greater then current date, and number of cells which have date in
column D lesser then current date.

Thank you