Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default What is wrong with this formula?

The formula is returning 0 because the lookup value hasn't been found.

You say the customer number is in column B but your formula is looking for
that number in column A. Another issue is that Vlookup only works to the
RIGHT but you want to return a value from column A which is to the LEFT of
column B.

So, you either need separate formulas, one for column A and one for all the
other columns or, move column B so that it is the LEFTMOST column of the
table.

Let us know what you want to do, separate formulas or reconfigure your
table.

Biff

"Dan B" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets. I need one sheet called
Customer Lookup to pull data from another sheet called Liability Policy
Expiration, which has many columns of data. There are 26 columns I need to
pull data from bases on a customer number.

The customer number is in column B. When that number is entered into the
lookup sheet I need to pull the following columns: A, C, D, AI, AJ, AQ,
AR, AY, AZ, BG, BH, BO, BP, BW, BX, CE, CF, CM, CN, CU, CV, DC, DD, DK,
DL.

Here is the formula I tried to pull column A:
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,'Liability Policy
Expiration'!$A$6:$DN$464,1,FALSE)),0, VLOOKUP(B1,'Liability Policy
Expiration'!$A$6:$DN$464,1,FALSE))

The result I get is a 0. No errors, so I guess the syntax is correct. B1
is where I entered the customer number I want the data for.

What do I need to change to make this work?
Thanks,
Dan