Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tom Mackay Tom Mackay is offline

Default Range of data is variable...OFFSET questions now...

I have found out about OFFSET...and am trying to use it. I have some
questions, as it is not working as I expect.

Can I replace my SERIES expression with an OFFSET expression, for each
series my graph uses? I am using a 3-D area chart with 2 X-Axis series...and
when I replace the SERIES expression with OFFSET to define a differet, it
does not work...

I cannot find any description for the parameters for a SERIES expression,
which would help me understand if OFFSET replaces it in part or in full.
Using the Wizard has its drawbacks...

I cannot find the Y-Axis expression in order to amend it, as the examples I
used referered to. I suspect that is a condiation of the libne graph used in
teh example, and I will not have such a beast in my 3-D area graph...or do I?
How can I find it?
"Tom Mackay" wrote:

I am working on a year-end report for my clients that shows them information
associated with their accounts. Most of the information on each client's
reports relates to the current year and is easy to retreive from the tables
that store all the clients' information. However, there is historical
information for each client that is more difficult to report.

I want to display a graph for each client showing the year-to-year change in
"value" for them. But since each client has a different number of data
points, it is proving hard for me to format the graphs properly.

I have built a query to trap the pertinent data for each client, whether it
is 1 record or 20 records. But I cannot figure out how to have a variable
range named in the graph's parameters based on how many rows the particlar
client might have. I tried naming a "super-set" of records...that is I
hightlighted a range including 40 rows, which will always include all of the
client records, whether there is 1 or 15..but the blank rows actually get
included as data points in the graph.

One possible solution path. In anticipation of this sort of problem, I
included a START DATE and END DATE variable for each client..but I cannot
seem to find a way to use those variables in naming my range. These ended up
being used in the query...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

regards,
Tom