Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default formulas using if parameters

You can use conditional formatting.

Assume budget = $1000.

Then you can set conditional formatting for <=$1000 = black, otherwise red.

Steps:

1)Select the cell(s) you want to conditionally format.

2) Go to Format--Conditional Format

3) Condition 1: Cell value is less than or equal to $1000 (this can also be
a reference, e.g., A1, where A1 has $1000). Click the format button and
select black.

4) Click Add to add a second condition.

5) Condition 2: Cell value is greater than $1000. Click the format button
and select red from the color palette.

6) Click OK and test it out.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Dana" wrote:

I need to change the color of the font in a cell that equals my true value
and my false value needs to stay the same. ie, if overbudget, i need the
cell color to be red, if at or underbudget, i need the cell color to stay
black. Is this at all possible?