Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default how can i make a cell unlimited

Save version. Same google toolbar.

I'm not worried about it either.

JLatham wrote:

IE 6 or 7? I'm running IE 6:
Version: .0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
Only thing I can think of that might be odd is that I do have the VML
vulnerable .dll file disabled, but I don't see that as affecting this.
I click on the link - get to a Page Not Found page and if I highlight
address bar in IE 6, it shows the extra space (I presume it's just a space,
white-space anyhow). If I backup to the ell in .html and click go, then I'm
there.
I guess other oddity might be I'm running Google toolbar.

Just a weird situation - I'm not going to spend any time trying to do
anything about it. That's once that's happened in 2006, and 2006 is almost
over <g

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I could click on that link or copy|paste (with the trailing space) and it opened
for me in MSIE.

But glad you got it working.

JLatham wrote:

Found the problem .... the earlier link includes a space after html making it
a link that can't be followed.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

See the reply from Dave Peterson.

Use a VLOOKUP formula.

Dave's link shows you how.

Gord

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:03:01 -0700, Moh wrote:

gord dibben i'm still waiting for your reply...

sorry ron rosenfeld but i don't know much about excel but i can understand.

is it possible someone can do me a quick template.
for example it needs to have a dropdown list with names in there and once
the user selects a name a telephone number will appear in a cell.

which i can then edit

thank you

--

Dave Peterson