Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Non updatable Unique Random Number

"Leo Heuser" wrote:
.. Here's version 3.0 with two more options. You have a choice of having
duplicates in the pool, and the range for the random numbers can consist
of non-contiguous areas ..

Magnificent, Leo! A classic.

Very fast populating of large ranges
(eg: 10k unique rand nos within a 1000R x 10C grid in 5 secs!).

Just some thoughts on this new prompt encountered:
"Too few numbers in the pool"
for example when I tried it with the settings below
(where the range exceeds the no. of unique numbers)

Range: A31:F38 (a 8R x 6C grid)
First no.: 1
Last no.: 45
Stepval: 1
All cells: yes
Duplicates: No

Your previous ver2 would simply random fill the first 7 rows, and half of
the last 8th row in a zig-zag, left to right manner, leaving the last 3 cells
D38:F38 empty. Could this option / feature be somehow retained, as an
alternative perhaps to "Proceed nonetheless" ? To get it running similarly in
ver3, I'd need to re-define the range as say: A31:F37, A38:C38 (albeit with
ver3's discontiguous ranges allowed, I could now define / choose exactly
where the last 3 cells should be populated). Thanks.
--
Max
Singapore