Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Angola Rick Angola Rick is offline

Default How to Stop Explorer from Opening Online Excel Files

I am downloading a CSV file into Excel from a web page that automatically
creates the CSV file. Before my update to Office XP, the file would
automatically download into an Excel spreadsheet using the Actual Excel
program now it uses a Internet Explorer Window that looks like but really
isn't the Excel program. For one thing when you save the file as XLS the old
CSVfile is still there on the screen. And you have to open Excel to open
the file. Wasted steps as far as I am concerned. I don't like this
"improvement" and how do I get rid of it? I am using Internet Explorere
version 6 and do not have the option of upgrading as I am in a corporate
enviroment.