Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default msquery

If you are trying to return to Excel, only those items from column B of the
file you're interrogating that have a corresponding "Y" in column A, then you
can do this by recording a macro to import both columns A and B, with the
condition of only importing rows containing a "Y" in column A, and then
deleting column A once it's in Excel.........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"troestj" wrote:

I am interested in creating a field in query based on the values in
existing fields. If the value in field A = 'Y' then insert value in
field B, else do nothing. I get syntax errors, but nothing that is
helpful to correct the 'error'.

--
troestj