Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dallman Ross Dallman Ross is offline

Default SUMPRODUCT clue needed

In , David Benson
spake thusly:

Oops -- so sorry about the typo in the formula I suggested. I'm
glad you were able to figure out what I _meant_, as opposed to
what I _typed_!

Thanks for the good explanation (snipped here), David. Appreciated.

I've run up against a new problem now that I've adopted the array
formula. I have a macro that inserts new data. It's painstakingly
created to move a known existing line to the bottom of the newly
elongated data range, so that my dynamic charts will still work
right. (That was a week-long pain in the rear for me to get right.)
Then the macro copies a good row from the top and pastes it all
the way down in the new range. Again, the whole point is to keep
my charts working right with the new data of variable length.
Well, now with an array formula in the works, I can't paste
multiple rows anymore! I get an error message. I'm trying to
recode my macro to use drag-and-fill instead, but I'm having
trouble getting the syntax to work. I don't know the length of
the data in advance, and the macro has to figure it out and drag
only so far.

Dallman