Dark Horse

I have no idea at all what this is about, as someone said to me just now
"show a couple of examples"
There is a name, then a space and then the opening parenthesis - no numbers
of any kind are involved.
I can't use a space as a delimiter as there as spaces in the data too - and
if I use the parenthesis that will leave a space after the data which will
stop the data being recognised.

"tjtjjtjt" wrote in message
I don't know my suffixes from my prefixes . . .
Use the Open paren as the Delimiter, instead, if you are removing a suffix
and there are no spaces between the number and the (IRE).
If there is a space, use that as the Delimiter.

tj

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

Check out Data | Text to Columns.
Set the Delimiter to the close paren, ), using the other box.

tj

"Dark Horse" wrote:

I download a list of data each day, and a lot of it comes with a

suffix in
brackets showing the country of origin of the piece of data - (IRE) as

an
example.
Because of the suffix, my data doesn't recognise the two things as the

same
so I end up having to remove all the suffixes by hand.
Is there any way of accomplishing this in a neater and quicker way?
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Dave