Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Employee Tracking

My suggested formula will work *exactly* as you described what you wanted to
accomplish.

*BUT* ... you did *not* follow my instructions ! ! !

You did *not* make a list of your sheet names ... did you?

Re-read my post and follow the instructions *exactly*.

You could change the *location* of your list of sheet names from A1:A31 to
whatever range you wish, and then reference *that location* in the formula.

That's the only change you should make!
--
HTH,

RD

"Gymclass14 via OfficeKB.com" <u26166@uwe wrote in message
Let me try to re-explain what i am trying to do. I am trying to track an
employees performance across a month's time frame. The worksheets I
currently have are a range from Day1 to Day31. I want to have a total of
these Worksheets on one called EmployeeA. The information will be entered
daily on one of the worksheets named Day1 to Day 31. The name of the
employee is in C5. The total number of hours worked for that day is in

C6.
I need to have a total show up on the EmployyeA worksheet when the name

Alex
is entered into C5 on Day1 to Day31. The total should be in C6 on the
EmployeeA worksheet, and should be a total of all the C6 cells across all

the
worksheets. This way if the name Alex is in C5, then his hours are

totaled
in C6 and I can look at the worksheet EmployeeA at the end of the month

and
see his work. I tried this formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Day1:Day31&"'!C5"), "Alex",INDIRECT("'"&Day1:
Day31&"'!C6")))

But I had no luck. Hopefully this explains it better. Thanks to everyone
for their help so far.