Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Employee Tracking

The formula that I suggested looks for the name Alex in cell C5 of *every*
WS in the WB, and then totals the contents of cell C6 in *every* WS that has
the name of Alex.

If that's not what you want, re-phrase your explanation and try to elaborate
on your set-up.

RD

"Gymclass14 via OfficeKB.com" <u26166@uwe wrote in message
RagDyeR wrote:
XL is not too strong with 3D functions.

You'll have to start off by creating a list of your sheet names.
Needless to say, this list must match *exactly* the names on the sheet

tabs.
Say A1 to A31.

Then try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A31&"'!C5"),"Al ex",INDIRECT("'"&A1:A31&"'

!
C6")))

You could assign a name to the sheet range (A1 to A31), say "Days",
And also assign a cell to contain the name of the employee, say B1.

Then, it would look like this:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&days&"'!C5"),B1,IN DIRECT("'"&days&"'!C6")))

I need to create a Employee specific worksheet. The information I need

is
based off of a daily production worsheet. I can not figure out a formula

use. I need to have a total if the employees name is entered. This

would
have to be the result across 30 other worksheets. I tried this one, with

no
luck: =SUM((Day1:Day31!C5="Alex")*(Day1:Day31!C6)). Hopefully this givs

the
idea of what I am trying to do. Please help!! This is driving me
crazy!!!!!!
!!!!

I tried these formulas and still received an error. Any other ideas?

Here
is exactly what I am trying to do. If a name is entered into cell C5 then

it
will produce a total on another worksheet. The total worksheet would have

have a total in C6 if the name Alex appears in C5. I hope I am explaining
this clearly. Thanks