Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff Biff is offline

Default Totaling pre-defined groups?

Try this:

Height in column A, A2:A15
Units in column B, B2:B15

Enter your range variables in a couple of cells, say, D1 and E1:

D1 = 38
E1 = 44

=IF(D1E1,"",SUMIF(A2:A15,"="&D1,B2:B15)-SUMIF(A2:A15,""&E1,B2:B15))

Biff

"nummel" <u27031@uwe wrote in message news:66bb335fe7d68@uwe...
I am not an excel wiz and I have a problem that is hard for me to solve. I
would like to total the # of units for a defined height range. For
example:
how many units are within the height range of 38-44? or 46-51? I would
like
to have a simple macro that references cell addresses for the min and max
height ranges I wish to total. Below is data examples. The auto filter
works ok, but I want have something that is not so labor intensive to
re-use
over and over. I have lots of data and want to try many different
combinations. Thanks in advance...

height # units
38 193
39 318