Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob A Rob A is offline

Default Need a sorting solution

Hi,
I posted on the "microsoft.public.excel" group, I am hoping someone
different is reading this group.

Thanks

XP Pro

Excel '03 plus '07 beta...

I am doing a mail merge from excel. There are two pieces to a page. I need
to sort the list but when I do a two up page, page 1 has #1&#2 and so forth.
In small quantity that is not a big deal but when you do a 1000 pieces it
adds a lot of labor.

If my list were 500 pieces, I would need to sort the spread sheet to print
page 1 to have #1&#251 then page 2 would print piece #2&#252.

Then when I cut the stack of paper, I place one half under the other they
would be in order.

Can that be done? Also for 4 pieces to a page

the sort result would look like this
For a two to a page print I would need to sort in this order based on a 500
piece job.
1
251
2
252
3
253
4
254

For four to a page it would need to sort
1
126
251
376