Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Calendar day not days

Dan,

All dates are actually a count of the number of days since 1 Jan 1900 but
are just formatted to look like dates. Try re-formating the number you get
as a date.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"skip" wrote in message
I am trying to figure a way in which I can add a specified number of
calendar days to a date (ex: 9/21/2006 + 14 days = Calendar date).
I thought it would be an easy thing to do, but when I try what is on
MS help, I get the total days from 1 Jan 1900 and can't figure out how
to convert it to the calendar day.
Can anyone help out in figuring this formula out.

Dan (Still going in circles)