Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default copy with format

I didn't paste the instructions from Help to the post because I tried to save storage.

But now I have found a link that can help you. If you click on the following link, you should be able to see the action. I like MS demos. Hope you like it too.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post again.

Good luck!

Epinn

"horst" wrote in message ...
Dear Epinn,

thank you very much: it was just in front of my eyes!

But please try to explain me exactly what I should do in order to use
the Format Painter.
I made several tests, but haven't been able to copy the formats.
(e.g. select source range, click Format Painter Icon, click on
destination first cell, click Ctrl-V ????)
Horst

On 22.09.2006 02:40, Epinn wrote:
Do you want to copy to a brand new sheet or an existing sheet?

To a brand new sheet, I use edit move or copy sheet and then tick create a copy. This way I get all the formatting.

To an existing sheet, I do copy and paste and I get the formatting as well. If I do paste special, then I don't get the formatting. But I can use the format painter to finish the job. In case you need more info on format painter, Help has the details.

I use V 2003.

Hope this helps.

Epinn

"horst" wrote in message ...
I have a sheet with various formattings (background and text colored,
large and small texts, borders etc.).
When I copy and paste it into another sheet I get the text only and all
formattings are lost.
Paste special has only text and unicode.
Is there any way to copy everything?
Thanks
Horst