Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Data Validation

Maybe you can combine the columns in another column and use that as your
data|validation list:

=A1&"--"&b1
copied down.

Data|Validation doesn't support this autocompletion stuff. But you could use a
combobox from the Control toolbox toolbar (still on the worksheet) that would
support this.

Fractal wrote:

How can I implement a multi-column list for data validation in a worksheet,
i.e., not in user form?

I have a worksheet that user needs to pick a vendor from a valid list. I
want to show both the vendor number and name on the list, but, I prefer not
to use user form to accomplish this.

In addition, the validation list does not seem to be as user-friendly as it
is in Access, which will jump to the right record as you type. Is there
something in Excel that is similar? Your help is appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson