Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default change negative sign from end of the number to the begining

How are the numbers formatted? Right-click on one of the numbers which has
the negative sign to the right and see what its formatting looks like. See
if you can select formatting with the sign on the left.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"james" wrote:

Dave,

I tried your method, but it did not work.

"Dave F" wrote:

Type 1 in an empty cell in your spread sheet. Copy it then select the column
of numbers in question, paste special, multiply.

This multiplies all values by positive 1 (so positive values remain positive
and negative values remain negative) and all your negative numbers should be
formatted consistently.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"james" wrote:

Hi,

I have a column of numbers. Some of the negative number with negative sigh
at the end of the number. How to I convert the negative sign from back of the
number to the front of the number. ( x- - -x)

Thanks

James