Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] LordHog@gmail.com is offline

Default Sort text that is deliminated within a cell

Hello all,

I am attempting to sort text within a cell. The text will mainly be
numbers, but the numbers may have some additional alpha characters in
front of it which do not affect the sorting order as only the numeric
values do. For instance, if I have the following

67432, 34321, 43456, imp41431, 644, imj1123

The sorted items should look like the following

644, imj1123, 34321, imp41431, 43456, 67432

I did find a thread entitled "alphabetizing/sorting text within a
cell", but did doesn't exactly do what I need. Also, I really don't
want a function per se as I need to the text in the cell to be reorder,
but not reorder in another cell. Perhaps some sort of macro might do
the trick? At this point, it is beyond my current knowledge of Excel so
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark