Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sarah - Sydney Sarah - Sydney is offline

Default How do I link information from a large table into new table

Hi, i hope I can explain this correctly in words.

What i'm trying to do is create a report that draws information from a large
table. The report will only be drawing on some of the aspects of the larger
table. I have tried the LOOKUP functions and they are not working in this
case. Maybe there are too many values?

For example there are many oranges, apples, and pears listed in the report,
they have all different project numbers, start dates, reporting dates. I'm
trying to produce a report on the oranges that list only the key information
that I need from the massive table. I have tried the vlookup function with
just the project numbers (i have typed theses into the new worksheet in hope
it would this number to draw on the rest of the information I need from the
table) but this does not work.

Has anyone done this before and can help me?