Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Leo Heuser Leo Heuser is offline

Default Non updatable Unique Random Number

Hi Ian

My fault. You probably have a sheet name with
one or more spaces.
I forgot to include apostrophes in the code.
I have the final (? :-) version ready tomorrow, so please watch
the thread.

Regards
Leo Heuser

"Ian" skrev i en meddelelse
Hi Leo,

Thanks for a great solution, just what i was looking for, however, I've
hit
a bit of a problem and my VBA skills aren't good enough to determine the
problem.

I copied your code, as per instructions, into a new workbook and it
worked a
dream. Confident in my own limited skills I went to my workbook where I
wanted the origianl random numbers and repeated the process. Failure, I
can't
get past the following error message:

Runtime error '1004': Method 'Range' of object '_Worksheet' failed.

When I click Debug the following line of code is highlighted:

Set RandTableRange = Range(ActiveSheet.Name & "!" & RandTableName)

The "RandTable" is on the local worksheet as you suggest (Sheet10 in my
case), in fact I did no more than when I got it working in a new
workbook.

Is there something blindingly obvious I have missed?

Thanks in advance,
Ian.