Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Muhammad Javaid Hassan Muhammad Javaid Hassan is offline

Default How do I calculate exact difference between two dates in y,m,d

Thanks for the feedback, try the formula on 14.02.1980 to 01.04.1995, the
result is
15 years, 1 month, 18 days whereas actual difference is 15 years, 1 month,
17 days.
"Ron Coderre" wrote:

When I copied your formula from the screen and pasted it into Excel, it
returned:
5Years, 0Months, 7Days.

That value is correct.
You don't mention what value is returned by the formula you used.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Muhammad Javaid Hassan" wrote:

I tried to callculate the difference between 14.02.1980 and 21.02.1985, but
excel does not give the exact difference in years, months and days.
I used the formula
=DATEDIF(A10,B10,"Y")&"Years, "&DATEDIF(A10,B10,"YM")&"Months,
"&DATEDIF(A10,B10,"MD")&"Days."