Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
timg timg is offline

Default Multiple records per row

Gord,

Thank you for your help.
--
Regards, timg.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

To get the data to look like your example...............

Select columns A and B

F5SpecialBlanksOK

Type an = sign into the active cell then point to the cell above and hit CTRL +
ENTER keys together.

When happy copy the range then paste specialvaluesokesc to get rid of
formulas.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:32:01 -0700, timg wrote:

Roger,

Thank you for your answer. However, I was not clear in my goal. Referring
to the example I gave, I show the first row (and header) as:

1 2 3
----------------------
a b c
----------------------

I want to convert this row into 2 rows:

1 2 3
a b c
a b d

And, for example, again referring the earlier example, I'd like the third
row converted into 3 rows in a similar way as to what I just showed above. I
want to do whatever the solution is to all the rows. Then I can apply the
autofilter, sort, or whatever.