Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike1942 Mike1942 is offline

Default What does Microsoft want me to do?

When I installed MicroSoft Office 2003 Teacher and Student, it did stupid
things to my ability to use MicroSoft Works on my machine. One of these is a
request to Register my software when I call up an XLS file for Works
Spreadsheet. When I click on Register to get rid of the notice, I get this
page http://register.microsoft.com/regsys...4538&lcid=1033
which produces a 404 error. I can't find Works on the Microsoft site and
besides I think the problem is Office. The other problem is when I try to
pullup the Works Word Processor (not the version of Office in the Works
Suite). I get a demand that I come up with the installation disk for the
license statement, when I have been using the product for years. There I
can't get into the WP, so I re-aimed WPS to open Word. (Works has a couple
of features in searching for control characters that I like that Word does
not seem to have. And it shows Tabs better)
I put in a request for assistance and exchanged e-mails showing copies of
the screen and got idiotic restatements of what I wanted ("I understand you
want to use a spreadsheet. Is this correct?") and no help.