Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default how I can Check the color of font in excel cell ?

If you add this Chip Pearson UDF to amodule in your workbook you can construct a
formula.

Function CellColorIndex(inRange As Range, Optional _
OfText As Boolean = False) As Integer
'
' This function returns the ColorIndex value of a the Interior
' (background) of a cell, or, if OfText is true, of the Font in the cell.
'
Application.Volatile True
If OfText = True Then
CellColorIndex = inRange.Font.ColorIndex
Else
CellColorIndex = inRange.Interior.ColorIndex
End If
End Function

In C1 enter =IF(cellcolorindex(B1,TRUE)=3,1,"")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 03:16:01 -0700, im-EGY
wrote:

Can I set a cell to equal 1 for a font colored "RED" in another cell , such as:
if cell B1 is "RED" font colored i need cell C1 to be =1
Thanks