Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jac007 jac007 is offline

Default Which Function do I use?

Hi, I have two worksheets that have data in them and they are both in one
workbook. Sheet1 contains unique group names in B1:Z1 and unique user names
in A2:A256. Sheet1 is used to put an "X" in each cell where there is a user
that has access to a group(ex. B4 has an "X" because that user has access to
that group). In Sheet2, I have the group names going down Column A, and I
have the users going down Column B through E. Just as listed below.
A B C D E
1 $N2ARMIX LADAFN LADBJG LADFXD LADP3B
2 $N2LAD6 ACSCXM ACSDXP ACSJAA CCCM1K
3 $N2LAD6 EUSAJC EUSAXM EUSCRG EUSDXR
4 $N2LAD6 EUSEHS EUSJAB EUSNXB EUSRMW

My questions is, how do I put an "X" in a cell in sheet1 where that user and
that group matches to the user and group from sheet2? Vlookup didn't work so
does anyone know of a function that can do this. Thanks!