Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tnlclifton tnlclifton is offline

Default Can a pivot table calculate the difference between two fields

My pivot table is summarized by group, then by Actual Headcount and Budget
Headcount. So for example, HR is the first category broken down into 10
heads of budget and 9 heads of actual. The Total line sums the Budget and
Actual total to show 19. I would like the Total line to show the difference
between Budget and Actuals. So instead of the sum of 19, I would like the
pivot table to calculate the delta (Delta would equal 1: Budget of 10 -
Actual of 9). I would like it to do this for each group (HR, Sales, etc.)
Any thoughts?