Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sjk153 sjk153 is offline

Default How do I keep count in an Excel spreadsheet?

To count numbers use the formula @count(RANGE); If you have text or labels
try @counta(RANGE); If you want to count a specific item like the text Scott
then use @countif(RANGE,"Scott") or @count(RANGE, criteria)

"Shay-rot" wrote:

I have created spreadsheet to keep a detailed track of days travelled. It is
basically functional (and very pretty) but I need more from it. Some cell's
(representing days) throughout a given month have either a 1 or 1/2. I am
looking for a formula that can keep a count every time I put a 1 or 1/2 in
these cells - ..but for an entire month...without the =sum formula because it
takes too long. And then I would like a simple formula for the year to date
tracking. I know there is a count in Excel but cannot figure out how to use
it. This may be simple but I just can't get it...please help!

Thanks