Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default IF Statement

One option would be to create a helper column which concatenates (joins) the
two columns, and run your COUNTIF on that.

Example: =CONCATENATE(MONTH(A2),G2)

Fill that down as necessary, and then, assuming the concatenation is done in
column J, you could use the COUNTIF function: =COUNTIF(J2:J500="2Successful")
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Jeff H." wrote:

I am trying to create an IF that looks for a date range from one column and
then counts items in another column. The formula I have below is not looking
at the MONTH field. Any suggestions? Thanks!

=IF(MONTH(SHEET1!A2:A500*(2)),COUNTIF(SHEET1!G2:G5 00,"Successful"))

MONTH is looking at SHEET1 in cells A2 to A500 for February (2 month)
The next statement should look at only February data and then count how many
times the word "Successful" is found.