Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
New2XL New2XL is offline

Default Populate lists automatically

Hi,
I downloaded the sample file, and guess what? This formula also contains a
bug. In the file, there are 2 columns, Category, and Item.

Select category as Fruits, Select Apple from Item. (Works good).

No select Vegetable from Category, and guess what, the item is still
displaying apple. You have to click on the list on order to retrieve the
vegetable list.

My question is, can we clear that "Apple", when we select Vegetable??

Cheers

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

The link you gave from Debra's site was the wrong one

If you follow Debra's instructions from here carefully, it will do just
what you want.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"New2XL" wrote in message
I have a requirement which has 2 lists to be populated automatically.
The
2nd list value is based on the 1st list. For eg:

1st List 2nd List
Fruits (Should display list of all fruits
mentioned)
Vegetables (Should display list of all veg mentioned)
Frozen Items (Should display list of all frozen items
mentioned)

If i select fruits, it should display only fruits. I have tried to
other
sites ( http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html) but there is a
bug in
it. It does not clear the previous values from the second list.

Can someone help, with examples..Appreciated