Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaulW PaulW is offline

Default Active Cell To Change Formula

Cell B2 = Postcode Search

Cell C2 returns the first line of address from vlookup / indirect address
stuff like that. i have one cell that looks up the line of the address from
another workbook that feeds which address to pull up. All this based on the
postcode entered.

if the active cell highlights C2 i wish for that full address to appear, if
C3 is highlighted full address for that also etc etc.

I'm trying to avoid VBA as there is no real trigger for the macro.

I'll take a look at what your suggsting below and let you know!!

Thanks Roger.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Paul

in VBA yes, you can use
activecell.address
activecell.row
activecell.column

as a Worksheet formula
=ROW() will return the row number of the cell in which you type the
formula
=COLUMN() will return the column number

In a formula, I think you might be needing the Offset() function as
=CELL("address",C7), will return $C$7 but in that case, you have fed it
the location, so therefore you know the address.
=CELL("address"OFFSET(A1,2,6) will also return $C$7

can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"PaulW" wrote in message
Is there a formula that returns the address / row / column of the
active cell?

So i can use this to produce different results based on the active
cell.

PaulW