Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Rounding

Try this
Let say your A1 =1.6

Formula in B1 =CEILING(A1,0.05) will give you 1.6 If you change A1 to 1.61
the result will be 1.65

"JM" wrote:

Let me try this again since I did a poor job explaining the first post.

I am working on a price list. I am allowed to round up to the next nickel
if the price is not on the nickel. So if the price is $1.60 or $1.65 it is
ok. But if the price is showing on the list at $1.61, I am allowed to round
that to $1.65.

The formula I am using is =ROUND(A1/0.05,0)*0.05 and it works for everything
that is not on the nickel. For those prices on the nickel, the formula is
rounding up to the next nickel. Meaning that $1.60 is rounding to $1.65.

What adjustment do I need to make to the formula?

thanks!