Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tanja Srebotnjak Tanja Srebotnjak is offline

Default How do I show percentage data with the % sign on a bar chart?

First, I am not an Excel wiz.

I have percentage data and Excel's formatting allows to show such data with
the percentage sign in the cell. I need to automatically create bar charts
for these data through a macro and would like to show the data value, e.g.,
35%. However, when creating the bar chart using Excel's chart wizard, the
data are not interpreted as percent but as 0.35 in the above example and as a
result the bar is too short, ie it is 0.35 units long and not 35 on a scale
from 0 to 100.
Is there a way to show the data value as 35% and have the bar be of the
correct length?
Thanks for all help and suggestions.