Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David Billigmeier David Billigmeier is offline

Default Keeping Text format

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)=1,"'"&A1,"")

Dave

"Chad" wrote:

I have a column of data that is in text format:

ex:

'0215
'6251
'5489
'2351
'6350
'5126

How can I reference this data in another cell while keeping the same format.
For example:

I am trying to extract all of the unique values in my column of data by
using the formula I found on cpearson (=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)=1,A1,"")) This
formula works great but the data that it returns does not contain the
apostrophy in front of the number which is needed. I have tried having the
cell be equal to "'"&A1 if the formula is true but the the apostrophy is
visible and still doesn't wok with the sume product. Any help on this would
be greatly appreciated.

Chad