Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim J. Jim J. is offline

Default Recognizing Cell Formatting To Use In A Formula Or Conditional For

Is there a function that can recognize cell formatting?
For example, I use VLOOKUP to find the machine routings associated with
certain part numbers (all in an array on a separate worksheet). To indicate
that the part numbers on that worksheet have been re-checked to verify that
the part routings are correct, I manually format the cell background to be
light green (an arbitrary choice) every time I re-verify the part routing.
When I use VLOOKUP to retrieve the part routing (from a separate worksheet),
I would like to know if the cell (on that worksheet) containing the part
number is formatted for €˜Cell Background Format = Light Green. If I could
recognize this formatting, I could use Conditional Formatting for the Lookup
Value, so it too is Light Green.