Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Turn existng document in Excel into a template

NOTE:

Just adding the extension of .xlt does not make it a Template.

You must let Excel know what file type to save as.

FileSave AsFile TypeMS Excel Template(*.xlt)

Just type a name and let Excel do the rest.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:46:01 -0700, gail wrote:

Tom,

Thank you so much for responding. You provided me with the right answer and
saved me a lot of time!

Much appreciated.

"Tom" wrote:

Gail,
When you save the file...save it with the extension .xlt

Tom

"gail" wrote:

I have a document created in Excel and I need to make the document a
template. I can find instructions how to do it in Word but not Excel.