Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Splitting the contents of a cell

Yet another way........
In B1 put
=LEFT(A1,FIND("[",A1,1)-2)

IN C1 put
=MID(A1,FIND("[",A1,1)+1,FIND("]",A1,1)-FIND("[",A1,1)-1)

Copy both down, and do Copy PasteSpecial Values on columns B and C and
then delete column A if you wish.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Keith" wrote:

I have been given a list of hospitals in the UK. The format is:

The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh [Edinburgh]

As you can see the city the hospital is located in is enclosed in square
brackets. What I want to do is split it so that the hospital name is in
column A and the City is in column B

Is there anyway to do this without having to manually go through each one.

Also the entries are hyperlinks, does this make any difference?