Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tim m tim m is offline

Default Splitting the contents of a cell

Data....text to columns.... delimited
you might have to chose [ as a delimiter which will eliminate it from the
city but leave the ] at the end (which you could get rid of if you wished)

"Keith" wrote:

I have been given a list of hospitals in the UK. The format is:

The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh [Edinburgh]

As you can see the city the hospital is located in is enclosed in square
brackets. What I want to do is split it so that the hospital name is in
column A and the City is in column B

Is there anyway to do this without having to manually go through each one.

Also the entries are hyperlinks, does this make any difference?