Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dreid Dreid is offline

Default Create a formula to calculate when info. was last updated

Sounds complicated !

I would use a workaround and probably operate with three worksheets; one for
todays data,one for yesterdays data and a third containing an @if statement
which says " If sheet 1 a1 is equal to sheet 2 a1 then "No change" otherwise
" Changed Data".

You could use conditional formatting on this. I guess this maybe too
simplistic though and your requirement prevents the use of more than one sheet

Good luck

David

"anne7134" wrote:

Hello Dreid,

I wish it was, but the request is that I have a status column for each row
that would change depending on the last update to that row. I assumed that I
could use some sort of conditional formatting to note an update (maybe the
status column could turn red if the row was updated on the last save), but I
don't know how to create a cell/macro/formula that I can run the conditional
formatting off of.

Thanks so much,
Anne

"Dreid" wrote:

Hi Anne

Is "Tools" " Track Changes" an alternative ?

"anne7134" wrote:

Hi all:

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum, but I'd creating a file that
includes multiple lines and I'd like a cell for each line to act as a status
cell and note the last update to that line. Is there a way to do that?