Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carlo Carlo is offline

Default Input color and formula color

Yeah, you're right!
Was a code-quickie.

Thx for the correction, always eager
to learn some new things.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Instead of checking

If left(cell_.formular1c1,1) = "=" then

It would be better to use:

If cell_.hasformula then

Carlo wrote:

you could do it with VBA!

for each cell_ in activesheet.cells
if left(cell_.formular1c1,1) = "=" then
cell_.interior.colorindex = 1 '== change to whatever you want
else
cell_.interior.colorindex = 2 '== change to whatever you want
end if
next cell_

if you don't want to go through the whole sheet you can also
define a range. It's up to you.

hth

Cheers Carlo

"Sunnyskies" wrote:

Is it possible that on a spreadsheet, whenever you have cell with a formula
in it, the font color is black and if you have another cell where it is a
simple input field the cell font color is blue.

I do want to goto each cell and select black or blue. I do not want to use
conditional formating.

Is there not a format function or something that will allow this feature to
work on a spreadsheet.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson