Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Autofill Formula

Hi

If you want the row reference to alter as you drag down, then you need
to take the absolute reference off the row identifier
=sheet1!b$4

=sheet1!b4

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"triffidbook" wrote in message
Can anyone advise me how to autofill formulas which will take into
account
the data is from different sheets please?

I have several sheets I am wanting to pull data from as a summary
sheet, but
at the moment I am having to manually type in the formula for each
sheet in
the summary. I have tried the drag auto fill but it only copies the
existing
selection.

e.g. In cell A1, b1 and c1 respectivley I have entered =sheet1!b$4
=sheet1!c$21 =sheet1!c$20 and then correspondingly in the subsequent
rows
below. The data is taken from the same cells in each workbook.