Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neostand Neostand is offline

Default Retaining Manual Formatting in Pivot Tables

I use pivot tables a lot and use auto formatting to get the basic shell for
my tables. (I prefer "report 4". After applying this format I do some manual
clean up like changing decimals to % and centering data in the columns and
rows.
The problem is that every time I add new data and refresh is does not retain
the formating that has been applied.
new data shows up as a decimial with 15 points to the right rather then a %.
The data is also aligned to the left of the cell rather then centrered like
the previous stuff that has been manually altered.
Any idea how I can get it to stop doing this?