Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Filter

Hi Mandeep

You could insert a new column A and enter in cell A2
=IF(B2="",A1,B2)
Copy down column A as far as required, then use column A with
Autofilter.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Mandeep Dhami" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I have huge data.
Column A has Customer ID. Data here is not repeated untill next change
in
Customer ID.
Column B have Invoice Nos. There are many rows for 1 customer ID.
Column C have Invoice Date. There are many rows for 1 customer ID.
Column D....E....F....& so on.

I want data for any one selected Customer ID along with all the
invoice
numbers, invoice dates & so on.

Using filter in Coulmn A we don't get the data as I require as the
immediately next few rows for the Customer ID in column A will be
blank.

One solution is to copy the customer ID from column A & paste untill
the new
one is spotted, but this is very time consuming exercise. I have data
running
into tens of thousand of lines.

Please suggest how can I get the required result.

Cheers,
Mandeep