Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default enter consecutive cells into a formula

If I understand what you're asking, try Index and Match in place of the
Vlookup.

With this as an example of your original formula:

=VLOOKUP($C$1,$A$1:$B$20,2,0)

This is an *exact* replacement:

=INDEX($B$1:$B$20,MATCH($C$1,$A$1:$A$20,0))

However, you can now *revise* the above formula, so that copying it down
will return the consecutive rows beneath the *original matched cell*:

=INDEX($B$1:$B$20,MATCH($C$1,$A$1:$A$20,0)+ROWS($1 :1)-1)

--
HTH,

RD

"Gil" wrote in message
I am trying to find a folrmula that will enable me to get the data in
consecutive cells, but the cell numbering changes every time, I am using
the
Vlookup function to find the info in the first cell, but the other cells
dont
have a V or an H lookup possiblility. What I'm trying to figure out is if
there's a way I can enter a "cell below" function into the formula?
Thanks in advance