Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
I have no idea I have no idea is offline

Default Calculating values from multiplesheets with multiple criteria

Hi Barb,
Thanx for your help, It didn't work though.
It just returned a value of zero not a sumed dollar figure.
Is there another way to show you the example problem for which i need the
answer?

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Let's see if we can work on this piece by piece. I've answered one question.
Let's get that to work before moving on.

"I have no idea" wrote:

I'm sure this is simple nut I have no idea!
(Apologies for incorrect terminoligies)

*Background*
My workbook two worksheets of data.
I want to sum up the values of a range of cells, within a coloum, from both
of these worksheets into a new sheet and the values are based on more than
one criteria.

The info i wanted sumed is in $ format, the criteria in both worksheets are
the same and each worksheet will have a new row added almost daily.

*Example*
Problem 1-
On both worksheets:
Coloum I has a drop down list with two choices "Op" and "Inv"
Coloum J has a drop down list with choices as well "24501", "23120" and
"21005"
Coloum K has a dropdown list with choices as well "BucketOne", "BucketTwo"
and so on.
Coloum L has the value in $ format entered manually.

Question-
How do I sum up in a different sheet all of the values based on "Op" "23120"
"BucketTwo" from both worksheets?

Let's assume your data is in Rows 2-20 in column I, J, K and L.

For one sheet try this
=SUMPRODUCT(--(I2:I20="Op"),--(J2:J20 = "23120"),--(K2:K20="BucketTwo"))

I'm not sure if your values in J are numeric or text. In this example I've
assumed text. If they are numeric, change to (J2:J20 = 23120) without the --
before it.

Question-
How do I then seperate that info by the date I choose from say Coloum Z?

Question-
How do I E-mail the person identified in Coloum A that info automatically
when the date in Coloum Z comes around?

Summary
I am the most basic of excel user,so "dumbing down" an answer that even half
solves my problem would be greatlly appreciated.

Thanx